Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, April 7, 2008

STILL AROUND?

A conversation that took place at my office before a meeting started this morning:

Guy1: Wow! you're still here.

Me: Whaddaya mean?

Guy1: You're still with the organization. You've passed the sixth month mark already, haven't you?

Me: yeah.

Guy2: Ya la...None of the previous heads of "that" department ever lasted more than six months. Too much pressure.

Me: Really? Hhmm..

Guy1: I have a theory on your staying power.

Me: Shoot. I wanna hear.

Guy1: Because you're a woman. I seriously think women in general, handle pressure better than men.

Me: You think? hahahaha!!! (I'm sure BEM begs to differ, since he's my reluctant "punching bag")

Guy1: And you're more gutsy than the person previously holding your office.

Me: Geez... thanks. I don't know whether it's good or bad, but I shall take it positively.

Seriously, I think this guy is just sucking up...simply because he has a vested interest; he wants to make sure I'll prepare the documents that he wants soon. Cheeky @#$!&*!

Regardless, I'd like to think it's true; that women handle pressure at work with much finesse compared to men. I know many men out there would vomit blood after reading this post. But in my organization at least, the statement holds a lot of truth - the women are more firm, efficient and less emotional.

No comments: