Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

THE MEASURE OF SOCIAL GRACIOUSNESS?

I was watching an outdated "Six Degrees of Seperation" hosted by the ever beautiful Asha Gill on Discovery Channel earlier. In that episode, the host was in Singapore and at one part, she was interviewing Jack, the President (I think) of the Public Toilet Association. Regardlesss of what some of us might think of this society (though I honestly wish we have our equivalent), I just want to quote Jack quoting Singapore's Prime Minister:

" We should measure our social graciousness by the level of cleanliness of our public toilet."

Nicely put, I must say.

And I start to reflect on the sorry state of our public lavatories. Goodness me! We still have a long way to go...

1 comment:

Admin CCZ said...

Setuju dengan Teja..CCZ sendiri banyak kali diminta oleh kengkawan untuk menulis tentang kebersihan tandas awam di Malaysia yang masih di kelas ke tiga.

Mungkin kita patut gesa Kerajaan dan sedarkan rakyat mengenai kepentingan jaga kebersihan tandas awam melalui blog.